You can easily add video to a Tumult Hype project by copying and pasting a video’s iframe code into Hype’s HTML widget. Follow these steps:
1. Find your video on a video sharing site, such as YouTube, and click the Share button, and then the Embed button to copy the iframe code.
2. In Hype, create a new HTML Widget.
3. Double-click the HTML Widget, or click on the Pencil icon at the bottom edge. Paste the iframe code that you copied from YouTube into the text box.
4. Hype automatically pulls the video content from YouTube and displays it in the HTML widget. You can resize the HTML Widget so that it fits the dimensions of your video. Drag the bottom right corner to enlarge the width or height.
5. Click the Preview button at the top right corner of the Hype interface to preview your embedded video in your project.
1. Click on the “Scene Inspector” tab on the panel on the far right of the Hype interface. This panel allows you to add interactivity to the general scene (and not individual buttons).
4. Add this line of code in between the opening and closing curly braces of the script:
document.getElementById("uniqueIDhere").innerHTML = ' ';
Hype identifies a particular element on the stage, called “uniqueIDhere”, and makes the contents blank. That will kill the contents of your HTML widget, and consequently, the audio from the video. Those last punctuation marks are a pair of single straight quotation marks and a semi-colon. When you return to the scene, the video will reload into the HTML widget.
6. All done!